Did you know that you can easily make your own bespoke natural cleaning sprays with just a few of your favourite Dindi Naturals products? We're all about essential oils and their many uses here at Dindi, in fact we use pure essential oils in most of our products (not our 'baby' and 'sensitive' ranges) for their amazing natural fragrances and myriad of health benefits.
Essential oils contain phytochemicals, biological active compounds found in plants, that have been proven to have a wide range of beneficial properties for use on our bodies and around our homes. In this article we're going to show you how you can use your favourite essential oils to create a simple and highly effective all-purpose surface spray! Essential oils added to a simple castile soap + water solution can clean and sanitise your home (and make it smell amazing!), without the use of harsh chemicals. Now let's get into the recipe...
how to make an all purpose surface spray with your favourite essential oils
- 1 tsp dindi naturals hand + body wash (unscented is best) or similar scent free castile liquid soap
- 250ml of water
- 20-30 drops of essential oils of your choice
- 1 large + 1 small mixing bowl
- measuring spoons
- glass or plastic bottle with spray top
1. Measure and place the water in your larger bowl.
2. Measure and place hand + body wash in the small bowl and add in your choice of essential oils, mixing together well.
3. Slowly add your soap and essential oil mixture into the water, whisking gently but continuously. It may foam up slightly, don’t be concerned.
4. Allow to sit for a few minutes for the bubbles to dissipate, then using a funnel pour your surface spray into your spray bottle
5. Add a label and you're ready to spray your home!
NOTE- Please take caution with surfaces such as painted timber, stone or granite.
I love this blend for a kitchen surface spray: Eucalyptus 10 drops, cedarwood 5 drops, Rosemary 6 drops, Peppermint 2 drops.
Below is a simple list of some of our favourite essential oils to make surface sprays with. Not only do they smell amazing but all of these essential oils have antibacterial, antimicrobial or antiviral properties!
- Eucalyptus radiata – antibacterial, anti- viral, antiseptic, immunostimulant
- Lemon tea tree – antibacterial, anti-viral, immunostimulant.
- Lemon Myrtle - antifungal, antimicrobial
- Peppermint – antibacterial
- Rosemary – antibacterial, anti -viral, antiseptic
- Lavender – antibacterial, anti- viral, antiseptic, deodorising, calming, headache.
- Cedarwood – antiseptic
- Frankincense – antiseptic, antimicrobial, calmative.
- Mandarin – calmative, antiseptic
- Geranium – anti-infectious, calmative.